There are some big hints that there will be a tomahawk knife in CS:GO!
Not just some sorta “idea” video. There are actually some major hints that this could be added into the game as a knife.
For every player, the knifeis a melee weapon in the 3rd weapon slot. When held, players are able to run at the fastest speed possible, which is measured at 250 units/second. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, only the knife grants no speed reduction.
The Arms Deal update of Global Offensive introduced new cosmetic knives.
- Every player starts out with this weapon. Unlike the other weapons, it cannot be dropped.
- The knife has a fast, low-damage primary attack and a slow, high-damage secondary attack which can kill most opponents with two stabs (one if the back of a target is attacked).
- Players are able to run at the fastest speed possible, 250 units/second, and for that reason it is often used when rushing. With any weapon or equipment other than the knife you run slower than 250 units/second, with the speed depending on the weapon (from 245 for grenades to 195 for LMGs).
- There is an exception though as a Steyr Scout user can run at 260 units/second.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Gold Knife was added to Arsenal: Arms race scenario as the lastweapon requiring a kill. It was only added to distinguish it from a normal kife kill in Arsenal Mode.
This weapon is useful when you need to run fast, especially when leaving a bombsite that is about to explode, while you have a firearm that is heavier than the knife. However, it should not be used when you have contact with other enemies.
- The only weapon that beats the knfe in movement speed is the Scout in older games.